Car Services
previous arrow
next arrow

Car Number Plates

From the 01st of November 2007 we will be able to offer on-site number plate production using the latest digital state of the art equipment. Due to the stringent regulations brought in by VOSA on the 1st of October 2007, there are now 30 different reasons for number plates to fail the MOT inspection.

We will therefore be offering an on site fitting service, saving the customer the time involved in taking the vehicle away, finding a number plate supplier, fitting the plates and then re-booking and presenting the vehicle for its MOT re-test.

Please note that MOT re-tests carried out after the end of the next trading day will be chargeable at the Re-test rate of £25.00

On 1st December 2005 the DVLA changed the documentation required to buy a number plate. The following now applies – In order to obtain number plates customers will have to provide current verification of personal details and proof of entitlement to the registration mark quoted. At least one original document from each of the lists below is required. The combination of the documents must be sufficient to check your name, address and the entitlement. The acceptable documents are;

Proof of Identity:
A driving licence whether or not issued in the United Kingdom (with or without a photograph). This is preferred because it is a secure government-issued document showing both name and address .or
Bank / Building Society statement. A current bill issued by gas, electricity or water supplier, a land line telephone bill or a council tax bill. .or
A passport (whether issued or not in the UK) .
A national ID card issued by the Government of a state of territory other than the UK. or
A debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society (the requirement for a photograph no longer applies). or
A police warrant card. or
An armed forces identity card

Proof of Entitlement
The preferred document is a Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) preferred, or
The tear- off slip (V5C/2) from (V5C section 10) or
Certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750), or
Cherished Transfer Retention Certificate (V778), or
Vehicle Licence Renewal (V11), or
Temporary registration certificate (V379) or
Authorisation Certificate (V948) from DVLA Local Office with official DVLA stamp. or
A letter of authorisation from Fleet Operators (including a lease/hire company). The letter must quote the document reference number from the V5C. Quoting the vehicle identification is no longer acceptable or
Record of the insurer’s name, reference and policy number (for repairs approved by an insurance company).